Drunk driving is incredibly dangerous and can seriously impact the lives of the driver and others; if you’ve been hurt in an accident with a drunk driver, you can depend on a New York City & Westchester County drunk driving accident lawyer here at The Bàez Legal Group to fight for you. Contact us today.
New York City & Westchester County Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer | Fighting for Drunk Driving Accident Victims
The Bàez Legal Group has fought on behalf of drunk driving accident victims throughout New York State for years, and we are here to help you as well. Please do not hesitate to speak with an experienced New York City & Westchester County auto accident lawyer here at our firm who truly cares about your right to heal.
What to do After an Accident With a Drunk Driver
When involved in an accident with a drunk driver, it is critical that you document the accident to get the facts straight and preserve your right to compensation. If you can, you should take the following steps after your accident:
- Call the police. They will send an ambulance, write up an accident report, and most likely breathalyze the intoxicated individual, which we can use to help prove your claim.
- Get the other driver’s insurance information (if he or she seems aggressive or threatening, do not do this–simply wait in your car for police to arrive).
- Ask witnesses for their contact information.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident and your injuries.
- Obtain a copy of all medical documentation pertaining to your injuries once you are treated.
- Speak with an experienced New York City & Westchester County drunk driving accident lawyer who can fight for the compensation you need to heal.
New York’s Dram Shop Law
Most states in the U.S. have dram shop laws in place. A dram shop law essentially allows those injured in accidents by drunk drivers to hold both the driver and the establishment that served the driver accountable for their actions (under certain circumstances). In New York, if you can prove that an establishment (such as a bar or restaurant) served alcohol either to a minor or someone who was already visibly intoxicated and that person caused your accident afterward, you may sue both the driver and the establishment that served the driver. Our firm can help ensure that all liable parties are held accountable for their actions.
Ensure you bring your personal injury claim within three years of the date of your accident (though the sooner, the better). Waiting longer than three years will result in you losing your right to sue. Our firm is prepared to fight for the compensation you deserve and need today. We are on your side.
Contact a New York City & Westchester County Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
The bottom line is that drunk drivers who injure others must be held accountable. Our firm is here to do just that, all while fighting for your rightful compensation. Contact The Bàez Legal Group today to schedule your free initial consultation with our legal team